Greetings everyone! MyWed and Nikon are launching the glorious battle, the major annual international wedding photographers contest, MyWed Award 2018: mywed.com/awardCompetition stages20 September — 31 October: acceptance of works
1 — 19 November: short-list compilation
20 November — 5 December: evaluation of works by the jury
20 December: announcing the winnersParticipation fee$45 is the fee to join all nominations.
Free for the MyWed Pro members: mywed.com/proThe jurySuch top-notch photographers as Steven Rooney, Fabio Mirulla, Hendra Lesmana, Ken Pak, Yves Scheppers, Dries Lauwers, Jorge Romero, Fedor Borodin, and Pavel Kritchko will judge your photos this year.Winners and finalistsThe jury will select 10 finalists and 1 winner in each nomination.PrizesThe total prize fund equals $6000.
The winners of the MyWed Award single photo nominations will receive $300 each (winners, not finalists, please note that).
The winner of the “Photographer of the Year” nomination, the only nomination that requires a series of photos, will take the Nikon D5 camera.Nominations12 main nominations (held annually)
1. Engagement – magical memories of the couple's love before the wedding
2. Getting Ready – special moments of the wedding day preparations
3. Details – the wedding day details secretly "peeped" by a photographer
4. Wedding Guests – the newlyweds' friends, siblings, parents and closest people
5. Ceremony – groom's reaction to the bride walking down the aisle and other special moments from the wedding ceremony
6. Rings – photographs of the main symbol of any wedding day
7. Family Portrait – group photos of all wedding guests
8. Heroes of the Day – the bride's or groom's portrait. Or a photograph of the two of them
9. Wedding Party – highlights of the wedding party at a restaurant, everything that happens there
10. First Dance – the centrepiece of the reception, with the newlyweds dancing for the first time with all eyes on them
11. The Bouquet Toss – catching the bouquet will bring good luck in love
12. Cake Cutting – the first task that the newlyweds have to carry out together8 additional nominations (changing every year)13. Beauty Saves the World – the prettiest brides and bridesmaids
14. Minimalism – the fewer details, the better
15. Complexly Plotted Photo – numerous plots running simultaneously in one shot
16. The Colour's Speech – photos with a distinct reigning colour
17. The Dynamics – grasp the motion by using a long exposure
18. The Unexpected Twist – the unpredictability of the situation is the pivot of the image
19. Light of the Night – night photos with lighting as the protagonist
20. Connection – photos that showcase the depth of a relationshipRatingThe results of the MyWed Award will have a strong influence on the rating of all photographers on MyWed as winners and finalists will receive notable rating points.Important issues to consider:– Diptychs, as well as photos from workshops and staged events, are prohibited
– A series may contain no more than 10 photos from your assistants.
– Please submit only those photos that were taken in 2017 – 2018. Only wedding pictures are accepted for single photo nominations, with the exception of the Engagement nomination.
– The series for the category 'The Best Wedding Story' has to contain from 40 to 60 photos.
– You guarantee that you are the owner of the pictures. The owner of a photo is the person who held the camera and took the shot.
– If you want to send photos to the competition, first upload them to your portfolio. Then open your portfolio page and hover the mouse over the photo you want to submit. Use the yellow popup button to send it to our jury.
– Find the full list of requirements here: mywed.com/award/#award_…Best of luck to you!