Uutiset

Alteration of the Rating System on MyWed

Hi, buddies!This weekend we succeeded in readjusting the rating system on MyWed. From now on, the Editors' Choice marks are more influential. In addition, the more recent the photo or the wedding story with the Editors' Choice mark is, the stronger is its impact on the rating of a photographer who uploaded it.Due to this change, the position of some photographers in the directory might have been rearranged: photographers with old Editors' Choice marks might have lost their positions, while the ones with fresh marks climbed higher.

Kommentit

Hello. I'm high in the ranking of my country, I'm very happy, but I have a lot of pictures of the week, they have an impact, there are better photographers in my country (more editors' choices, best photos of the year) it's not fair that I'm higher than I think that it is worth to think about changing it, maybe I will fall in the ranking, but it will be more just. Sorry for my English. I greet the whole team.
Hi, Wojtek, thank you for your comment!
One of the main reasons for your high rating is that you are the finalist of the "Family portrait" nomination of MyWed Award 2018. Photos of the Week do, of course, influence the rating of any photographer on MyWed. Greeting to you from the team as well!
Something to consider is the fact that some photographers seem to rank higher just because they upload more photos. The problem is that in some cases less is more. Having fresher content is not always a sign of quality.There is a photographer in my hometown that ranks higher than a better overall photographer just because he has around 80 photos uploaded and the photographer bellow him in the ranking has half ot the photos, even if they are much better in general.
Hello! Only a pro members can receive this marks? Because I have this feeling that editors don´t look pictures from whom is not a pro member. No metter how rating system works I love this site! Thanks
Our editors see new photos of all members, so it doesn't matter if you are a Pro or a non-Pro member.
your editors sometimes they cant separate a picture frame from photoshop edit. they have deleted images of mine (which was a wedding dress hanged in front of a PICTURE FRAME) and i saw flagged images of some indian guy who had EDITED a couple on a swing hanging from a hot air balloon. MyWed used to be good at some point but now days its crap. memberships only and how much more money you will earn.
I have the impression that the editors don't look at all the photos that are uploaded. But only a few ... I think my photos have never been seen by any editor.
Our editors review photos of all MyWed members. Sometimes they just need a little more time to look through all freshly uploaded photos.
Kirjoittaja poisti viestin
What is frustrating is that so many of the images that get an editor flag are repeated scenes. Basically if you submit and image with a couple getting hit by rice on a church exit it's an automatic editor flag. There are hundreds of these. Over and over. Yet so many other unique images go unnoticed.
True! They have special love for rice :D :D :D
I have the same impression Guglielmo...
I have the same too 🤷‍♂️
Nic na siłę, pamiętajmy że jest to subiektywna ocena redaktorów. Jest dobrze. Pozdrawiam.
tengo una duda.... por que en la pestaña FOTO DE LA SEMANA, que estan ya con el simbolo amarillo hay muchisimas fotos que no lo son y tienen poca puntuacion y estan antes que muchas fotos, y estan puestas en foto de la semana sin serlo....
Wycofuję swoje wcześniejsze słowa. Niestety portal stał się monotonny. Jest tyle pięknych zdjęć które nie są doceniane... wciąż Ci sami ludzie dostają wyróżnienia, rankingi to bzdura, zdjęcia tygodnia chyba mają największy wpływ na ocenę fotografa. To jest proste, daj lajka dam Ci swojego, dlatego ja przestałem praktycznie oceniać zdjęcia. Zróbcie coś z tym bo pouciekamy. Od kilku tygodni jestem na Was po prostu wściekły. Przykre ale prawdziwe. Pozdrawiam, ale chyba czas na coś innego.
First of all i am not a MyWed staff member :) The photo of the week stamps don't have any value. For what i can understand, the red stamps give the most points, then comments and likes. Having a yellow stamp is of no value other than having your photo show in that gallery.
Don't give up, because sooner or later, if the your work has value, they will notice you :)
Miguel, tu nie chodzi o mnie, ja się nie przejmuję. Zerknij na ranking mojego kraju. Wyciągnij wnioski. Znam swoją wartość, nie potrzebuję znaczków, dlatego mało publikuję, nie oceniam, oglądam i obserwuję, to widać... Pozdrawiam.
How your algorithm or whatever you use to give reach to a picture works? I'm really intrigued, I have seen some amazing work from many photographers and not even a best of week, and there are some really not that "WOW" pictures with editors choice, best of week. just because they are black and white pics. Looks more like a popularity contest.
Imho you did the alteration way too aggressively. I do get it that you want that old peeps do upload new material but in the other hand it shouldn't be that someone really new with only a hand full of editors choice marks is ahead of someone with my wed award nominations and a bunch of editors choice, weekly or annual best recognitions. It appears that all of these old awards and recognitions have no value anymore.
It is difficult to know which photos are trending and break the rules when he has always been a photographer who is very correct for the comfort of couples and photojournalism, always providing great empathy and sympathy at weddings. Now that I have some recognition in my city, I am going to try to look further and capture different scenes, which are out of the ordinary. In this way, I hope to receive recognition and awards that will open more doors for me.
how to break the rules and to know which photos are trending ?
Try to shoot weddings in Italy and you need rice, a lot of rice in your pictures! Rice is like the force in Star Wars!
i have, i am in Greece,i have a lot pictures with tons of rice !!!
Unfortunately, the quality of rice matters a lot. And as we are aware, Italy is well recognized for fancy luxury stuff, and rice is not excluded! So, thus we have a a great recipe: 1) Go to Italy, preferably Milano for sure 2) Buy couple of tons of rice 3) USE it WISELY! 4) ENJOY THE PROFIT! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kirjaudu sisään tai rekisteröidy kirjoittaaksesi kommentin